Zucchini pasta with avocado sauce
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced extremely thinly (it takes a long time, so be patient)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 a small, ripe avocado
- 2 capfuls (using the lid of the vinegar bottle) worth of white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- sea salt
1) Once the zucchini is sliced, place into a strainer over a large bowl/sink. Add a generous amount of sea salt as it will help draw out the immense amount of water the zucchini holds. Allow to drain for a minimum for 30 minutes and cover with a paper towel/napkin.
2) Shake all of the water out the zucchini and press a paper towl onto the strips to drain out any leftover water.
3) Heat a frying pan up to medium/high and place the coconut oil in the pan. Fry the zucchini until it is slightly browned, translucent, and has lost most of it’s crunch. The time will vary depending on how thinly you sliced up the zucchini.
4) Combine the avocado, garlic, vinegar, and black pepper to taste in a small bowl and set aside.
5) Remove the zucchini from the heat when cooked and transfer back into the strainer. Allow to drain for 10 minutes, and then use a paper towel/napkin to soak up any liquid left on the zucchini.
6) Place the zucchini pasta into a bowl artistically/however you desire and spoon the avocado sauce on the top.
Lunch- Went out for lunch today with my mum :D
I ended up getting a tomato base pasta after a little freak out first
(i took off the cheese on the top)
Lunch- Soup left over from last night over wholemeal pasta.
Dinner- Spaghetti made with lentils, mushrooms, tomato pasta sauce, corn, onion, garlic.
Inspired by Kat :D
Dinner- Lasanga sheets with kale, avocado, quorn ‘chicken’ pieces, pasta sauce, broccoli, zuchini, chili in it with tomato on top.
Dinner- Whole Weat spaghetti, with tomato pasta sauce and tvp ‘meatballs’
Had it with a little orange juice and water :)
Dinner- Falafels, chilli noodle/ pasta, brocolini, carrot, snow peas, corn, peas, herbs, spices
I’m going to attempt to make these later. They look so cool and I love carrots. Just wondering what sauce I could add to them seen as I’m pretty sure my mum doesn’t have a tomato pasta sauce in the cupboard.
How to Make Carrot “Pasta”
1. Get a medium/ large carrot, cut the ends off, and peel off the outer layer. Then, peel long strips off until you reach the center (I personally dislike the inside of a carrot. I don’t know why… I don’t use that part lol)
2. Make the thicker strips thinner by slicing them lengthwise. This step is completely optional, but I like it do it! Now you have your finished “noodles”!
3. Put them into a frying pan with some olive oil (or avocado oil), salt, and pepper. Cook them for a couple minutes, pushing them around on the pan until they are soft
4. Add however much sauce you want to the pan. Stir the carrots and sauce together to warm it up. I used tomato sauce with onions :)
5. Enjoy! This is so good, even if the pictures don’t do it justice.
This looks delicious. Pasta is my all time favorite food but pretty much gave it up because how many calories it can rack up so this looks like a great alternative.
Doing this tonight.
I’ve made this before, its really good :)
Dinner- lentil burger with tomato/ pasta sauce stuffed enchiladas, broccoli, cauliflower, beans with orange juice and water